Sunday 27 February 2011

Target Audience Research Analysis

Here are the graphs which were produced form my results which came from my questionnaire. Each graph shows the results to the answers from each question. I handed out 20 questionnaires to people aged 16 - 19 as that is my target audience. I will be able to use these results to help me design a music magazine to look how the people who are most likely to read it want it to look.



Here are the results from my first question, the first question was just to be able to see who was answering the questions. The majority of the people who answered my questionnaire were female, the graph shows that about two thirds of the people who answered were female.


The second question on my questionnaire was to find out which was the most popular genre of music for my target audience. I gave 8 options to choose from which gave a variety of music to choose from and only 5 were selected. This could be due to the size of the sample or the age group. The most popular genre of music which was selected was pop/rock, this shows that my magazine should be about pop/rock music, however it could also feature some information about another two genres that were selected just to create some variety within the magazine, like most music magazines they're not based on just one genre of music.



The third question I asked was to find out what kind of artist they would like to see on the cover. There were three choices, either female solo artist, male solo artist or group. The two most popular choice were female solo artist and male solo artist. Since male and female solo artist are about equal, I will be able to choose which one I would like on the cover, this gives me the chance to pick which is the most convenient.


The fourth question that I asked was to find out whether people prefer the artist on the cover of the magazine to be looking directly into the camera or to be facing away from the camera. This question will help me be able to create a cover that will appeal to my target audience. As the graph shows people prefer the cover star to be facing directly into the camera rather than away from the camera.


The fifth question that I asked was based on the article that will be featured in my magazine on the double page spread. I asked if people would prefer to see a question and answer style interview with the cover artist or if they would prefer an article based on the music from the artist which is featured on the cover. The results show that the most popular choice would be to have a Q&A style interview with the artist who is on the cover of the magazine.



The last question that I asked the people who answered my questionnaire was which colour scheme they preferred. At the bottom of the questionnaire was a selection of different colour schemes, this was to help whoever was answering the questionnaire see what the colours would look like when placed next to each other. The chart shows that the most popular schemes were the first and second colour scheme. Both of these schemes contained complimentary colours whereas schemes three and four contained contrasting colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment