Monday 14 March 2011

Music Magazine Contents Page Production

Here is the production of my contents page. It is not yet finished as I still havn't added any images to it yet. Down the right hand side of the page is the page title saying 'Contents'. Down the left hand side of the page is the cover lines from the magazine cover. This time they have more detail saying what the article is about underneath them, also next to each of the articles is a number, which is what page the article is featured on. Two of the articles have the same number this is because this is my double page spread & I am featuring both an article and an interview on that page. From the cover to the contents page I have kept the same colour scheme of reb, black, white and grey. This colour scheme was the one that recieved the most votes through my questionnaire. I am going to continue to use this colour scheme on my double page spread




For the articles that are featured on my contents page I am going to use images to illustrate the articles. For the 'What's new in music this month' article I have taken a picture of CD's that were released by artists from the start of 2011 and the end of 2010 so that the albums are either brand new or fairly new. The image on the left is the original image, the image on the right has been cropped and straightened.

For the article titled 'End of an Era' I have used an image from that I had I taken at one of the Lady Gaga concerts I attended last year. I used my photo from her encore which is symbolising the end of the show as the article is talking about her show coming to an end and the release of her new album which she is touring with at the end of 2011.

The article which is titled 'Coming to the UK' I am going to take a picture of the Union Jack. Rather than the American flag to symbolise that this is a British music magazine and even though it is still featuring American artists it is focusing on the effect the music will have on the UK chart and music industry.
For the article that is titled '2011 Festivals & Tours' I have taken pictures of my tickets that I had from concerts and shows I visited last year. I took two pictures and used two different angles but out of the two pictures I used I prefer the second one so that is the image that I will feature on my contents page.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment